Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free Access
Hainan 30-day visa-free access scheme stipulates foreign citizens holding the passport of 59 qualifying countries can have 30 days visa-free entry toHainan if received by travel agencies. During the stay, they can travel in the whole of Hainan Province without a Chinese visa. This visa-free access will count its 30 days duration from 00:00 the day following the entry date.
1. List of 59 countries eligible for visa-free entry to Hainan.
Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, the United States, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ukraine.
2. Travelers from the 59 visa-free entry eligible countries may travel from or through Hong Kong or any other places outside Mainland China with a direct flight to Hainan.
3. The maximum length of stay for visa-free travelers in Hainan is 30 days.
4. Travelers must register with a Hainan travel agency before arriving.
We suggest that travelers register with a travel agency at least 48 hours before arrival in Hainan. Travelers must submit passport information, round trip tickets, hotel bookings, and Hainan travel itinerary. For visa-free entry, the Hainan travel agency must submit travelers' information to the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Hainan 24 hours before the travelers' arrival in Hainan.
5. Travelers who need to travel to other parts of China must apply for a visa.
Travelers who need to extend their stay in Hainan or travel to other parts of China must apply for a visa through a Hainan travel agency.
Documents required to apply for a visa: Certificate issued by a travel agency, passport information.
Visa application locations: Citizens of the 59 visa-free eligible countries staying in Haikou, Sanya, Yangpu, Wenchang, Qionghai, or Chengmai, may apply for a visa at the local Exit & Entry Administration Office. Travelers in other Hainan locations must apply at the Exit-Entry Administration Bureau of Hainan Provincial Public Security Department.
6. Singapore, Japan, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates, Serbia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina visa-free policy guide.
Travelers from the above mentioned six countries holding a regular passport do not need to submit any information before entering China (including Hainan) for a set period of time. Citizens of Singapore, Japan, and Brunei may stay no longer than 15 days, Citizens of the United Arab Emirates and Serbia may stay no longer than 30 days, and citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina may enter China (including Hainan) an unlimited number of times during each 180 day period but stay in China for no more than 90 days in total during that period. Citizens of the above six countries entering China under the 59 country visa-free entry policy must abide by the requirements of the 59 country visa-free entry policy.
7. Legal obligations and liabilities
A) Foreigners must register their accommodation in time.
Where foreigners stay in hotels in China, they shall go through the registration formalities with their passports at the hotels. For foreigners who reside or stay in domiciles other than hotels, they or the persons who accommodate them shall, within 24 hours after the foreigners' arrival, go through the registration formalities with the public security organs in the places of residence. For those who fail to register with public security organs, a warning shall be given, and a fine of not more than RMB 2000 yuan may also be imposed.
B) Foreigners shall leave China prior to the expiry of the duration of stay.
Foreigners who stay or reside in China shall not engage in activities not corresponding to the purpose of stay or residence, and shall leave China prior to the expiry of the prescribed duration of stay or residence. Foreigners who reside in China illegally shall be given a warning; where circumstances are serious, they shall be imposed with a fine of RMB 500 yuan per day, with a cap of RMB 10000 yuan in total, or detained for not less than five days but not more than fifteen days.
Conference participantswho bear a foreign passport may need to apply for a Chinese visa to visit China, except those passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region where they live. To avoid any uncertainty, participants are advised to apply for the visa as early as possible, at least give one month in advance.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa, for which no invitation letter is required for the application.
* For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country.
1. The invitation letter will be issued by the MCCM 2023 Committee Boardafter the successful registration is finished.
2. Your name provided must be exactly the same as it appears on your passport. Any discrepancy between your name on your passport and on your invitation letter or other documentations could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa application.
3. Please note that the MCCM 2023 Conference and its organizing committees are not authorized to assist with your VISA application process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by the MCCM 2023 Conference and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, MCCM 2023 Conference and its organizing committee cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will the MCCM 2023 Conference and its organizing committee engage in any discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual is denied.
4. It takes around one month for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as possible and ensure you have enough time to get your visa.